Eyelashes can make the eye look old and tired if untouched, but put some mascara and eyeliner on and BOOM! Your eyes are given a new life. Lash extensions take the power of maintained eyelashes to the next level by improving the length, thickness, and fullness of your eyelashes.
There are 3 variations of extensions:
1. False lashes (temporary)
- Applied directly to the eyelid
- Not to be worn in the shower, overnight, or while swimming
- Meant to be used for a single day or a couple of hour
- Cost starts at about $3 at a typical drugstore and can go up in price depending on the material of the lash (but why spend $50 on lashes you’ll wear for less than a day!?)
2. Eyelash extensions (semi-permanent)
- Does not come in contact with the eyelid
- One lash extension is applied to the tip of each individual eyelash
- Can sustain showering, swimming, and overnight wear
- Meant to last until the natural eyelash falls out – can last for weeks or months
- Process takes 1-2 hours and is to be done by cosmetologist or aesthetician
- Can cost anywhere between $100 and $500
3. Medically enhanced process
- Drug prescription
- Allows natural lashes to lengthen and thicken on their own
- Costs about $125 for a month-long supply of the drug
No matter the color, size, or shape of your eyes they always seem to look better with a touch of mascara and eyeliner – am I right? That’s because eye makeup is meant to attract attention to our eyes and make them more dramatic. Extensions achieve that more naturally bold look, and when extensions and makeup go out on a date together they are unstoppable. Visit the eyelash extension specialists at ebenezer.
Looking forward to hearing your comments and questions!
Your fashion guru,